Randers Tegl's sustainability policy
We think that the building industry has the potential to be a lot greener. And we know that we have our part to play. Our vision is to become the most sustainable manufacturer of bricks and tiles. This ambition is driving our daily work towards a more efficient and environmentally friendly way of producing our products. We believe this is a never-ending process, and we are determined to keep on improving.
The big picture
- RT supports the UN's 17 global goals for sustainable development.
- RT supports the Danish government’s goal of achieving a 70% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (from 1990).
- We comply with the Danish government's requirements for companies to make optimal energy savings.
- RT uses only CO2-neutral electricity from wind turbines.
Randers Tegl works actively with sustainability:
- We only use green, renewable energy from Danish wind farms.
- We make use of surplus heat from ovens in our drying chambers.
- We recycle all types of waste in our production process.
- We make frogs in bricks to reduce the amount we burn, thereby reducing our CO2 footprint per brick.
- We have replaced all lighting with LED lighting and use daylight wherever possible.
- We are committed to sorting our waste and send materials for recycling.
- We clean and recycle the water we use in our production process – and we also make use of surface water.
- Our pallets are made of sustainable wood.
- Our marketing materials are printed on FSC-approved paper.
Randers Tegl keeps detailed records:
- RT keeps detailed records of the resources we consume in producing our bricks and tiles. We will soon have an EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) on all products. The EPD is used to document the environmental footprint of building materials used in buildings.